Who is the WBBA?
Coming together is the beginning, keeping together is a process, working together is success. - Henry Ford
Front Row Left to Right: Dr. Wayne Anderson Williams Bay School, Nancy Waspi, Santa Cause, Laverne Duncan, Christine Erdman Advia Credit Union, Jim D'Alessandro Harborview Motel/Cabins, Laine Lucke Lucke’s Cantina, Sally Roth, Belfry Theatre, Nick Caselli Bayview Building, Jen Schildgen BlueVerve Studio
Back Row Left to Right: Jammey Petrowiak CNC Specialty Store, Sam Asani, Edward Jones, Bryan Esarco AJE Associates, Bill Duncan Duncan Mediation and Counseling, Tim Pagel, Geneva Lakes Funding, Carly Caris and Pat Heuer Red Dogs
Follow us on Facebook to keep up with the latest news in The Bay!
A little bit about The Bay...
Williams Bay is one of three incorporated villages on Geneva Lake. Much of the area was settled in the early 19th century by surveyors plotting roadways from the East and used as a vacation spot by wealthy Chicagoans displaced by the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. During the latter part of the 20th century, Williams Bay (and the surrounding lakes area) saw an explosive housing boom. The population has nearly doubled within the past 30 years as more people are finding its slow-paced, relaxed style attractive.
Williams Bay is home to a beautiful lake-side park including a beach. The park also has a public boat launching facility. Williams Bay is named for Captain Isreal Williams of Connecticut, a War of 1812 sea captain, who with several of his sons, settled in the area in 1835. Another famous Williams (not related) is George Williams, the founder of the YMCA, whose officials and students of Chicago-based George Williams College frequently met just west of the town of Williams Bay. He later established a camp in the village on the shores of Lake Geneva. George Williams College changed hands in the 1970's and is today part of the Aurora University, which today maintains the campus.